No 1 Living Cola Kombucha: So novelty it's almost cheating!



Hi Everyone! How are you? I am fine.

What’s the most novelty food/drink you can think of? Upside down mars bar? Shut your mouth. Fish Fingers for Breakfast? Not even close, you’re wasting my time. Tea flavoured jam? I hate you and I wish you were dead.

Well, how about an actual drink, that’s actually ruddy alive? Can you even actually literally believe it? Well you should because it happened, and what's more, I drank it!

But is it any good? There’s only one way to find out.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!


Taste

Cards on the table, I love cola, and the best type of cola is cola out of a glass bottle. If they ever find out what I did and I’m quite rightly sentenced to death for my crimes, my last meal will include a couple of glass bottles of Coke. No Doubt.

So this was on to a winner from the start. On opening the bottle there is a little bit of a mediciney scent, not unpleasant, but it had me thinking that this could go either way.

The taste itself was a little bit green-tea ish, which is a surprise because that’s not what cola tastes of. Maybe I shouldn’t have been surprised, because besides water and sugar it’s the main ingredient, and it wasn’t bad.

The more I drank of this, the better it tasted. It was light and refreshing, and tasted clean and fresh. I didn’t feel like I had to run to brush my teeth immediately afterwards, in the way that would with your more standard cola products.

All round, decent. Not really Cola tasting, but decent never the less.

Texture

Very light, but not bubbly enough for me. Understandable given the amount of chemicals it takes to make those bubbles, and this product prides itself on its organic ingredients. You can’t have everything!
Is this Cola? It's the wrong colour, but that just makes it more novelty. It can't lose!



Packaging

Big plus points here. It’s only got the world’s greatest human Jonny ‘Why does no-one ever mention how handsome I am? Is it because I’m so humble?’ Wilkinson on the bottle. Beat that!

You'll always get plus point for being fully recyclable too. Whatever way you look at this, it's a winner.
Look at that face! #whataman

Marketing

Alright, could do better. Obviously Jonny Wilkinson’s Involved, so there’s loads out there with him being great and marketing it around the place, but nothing hugely mainstream. C+.

Novelty Factor

Massive! Huge! It was alive! If that doesn’t do it, there’s really no hope for anything else is there? From now on, automatic maximum points in this section for any other alive foods. It made me smile all day long. I'm not consuming any live thing with a face though, I'm not a monster.

Final Scores

Taste- 7.5/10

Texture- 5/10

Packaging- 10/10

Marketing- 6.5/10

Novelty Factor- 10/10

Overall- 39/50

A new leader (easily) and like my wife, reaping the many rewards that being alive and involved with a super handsome rugby player can bring. The lucky, lucky thing.

Is it any good? Why don't you ask the single greatest ever Englishman? (he'll say yes, but he'll be quite humble about it actually).

Comments