Tesco Respberry White Hot Chocolate: Marketing! At Last!



Hi Everyone! How are you? I am fine.

An amazing thing happened to me at the week. I saw some marketing for a novelty food. Yeah, sure, I saw it at the till of a supermarket café where the product was being sold. But as Forrest Gump says, a poster is as a poster does, and given the paucity of marketing for previous blogs, this was not to be sniffed at.

Does the fact they had spent 20 minutes making a poster mean they were confident that their product was delicious enough to let people know about it? There’s only one way to find out…
An Actual Bloody Poster! Ruddy Heck!


Taste

Nice, really tasty. A lot of Novelty hot chocolates can struggle because they just end up tasting like a normal hot chocolate, whith a butt load of sugar added. This was very sweet, don’t get me wrong, but the raspberry was there, and it really added to the flavour. I really enjoyed it.

The little bits of dried raspberry on top were not just for decoration either, they were really tasty and there was a little bit of raspberry syrup at the end to finish it off. Maybe a bit sweet for some, but not for me, and I have to say I thoroughly bloody well enjoyed it.

Texture

Another plus mark here. Lovely and thick, the cream on top just added to the thickness. Really good.

Packaging

Tricky, because it came in a glass mug. I gave the Greggs Sausage roll 1 for being in a paper bag, is this any better? At least the paper bag had Greggs logo on it.

But what do you want? It was a hot drink in a café, there’s only so much they can do with it. I can’t score it too lowly for not being super brand heavy, because no-one would have wanted that.

Does that make me inconsistent? It’s a good question, but I’d ask this: Who do you think you are? Where do you get off questioning me? Why don't you just wind your neck in?  I'm sick of you and everything you stand for!


It Even Looks like the poster in real life! I think I might pass out.


Marketing

Some! I bought it because of a poster didn’t I? This was so exciting!

I’m going to have to try really hard not to give this a 10. One poster isn’t really enough, there’s been no TV, no Radio, no Billboards. Just one single poster at the point of sale. It’s no better than walking in, seeing a sandwich that someone else is eating, and buying one of those because it looks like they’re enjoying it.

But still though, it was a poster. Small steps…

Novelty Factor

Last week was Chocolate Honey Spread, and that scored highly (7 /10), well this is not just hot chocolate, it’s not just WHITE chocolate, it’s RASPBERRY white hot chocolate. It’s a double novelty, so it’s got to be better than the spread hasn’t it? It also gets extra points for not making me feel ill. BONUS!

Final Scores

Taste- 8.5/10

Texture- 8/10

Packaging- 5/10

Marketing- 6/10

Novelty Factor- 8.5/10

Overall- 36/50

36 points puts it joint top of the tree along with Seabrook Scorchin Hot Crisps, and Greggs Vegan Sausage roll.

A new (joint) number 1! Well done Tesco! The (joint) best novelty food all time (since 13th of March 2018)! You must be so proud (unaware)!

Was it delicious enough to make a poster about it, probably, yes, especially a poster like this one. 20 Minutes well spent.

Comments