Walkers Baked Beetroot with Sweet Chilli Jam Snacks- Purple crisps!


Hi everyone! How are you? I Am fine.

Hey, do you know what colour crisps are? Sounds like an easy questions doesn't it? They're kind of yellowish or something aren't they?

Well, you're thinking small time, because I've seen the future, and it's purple! Bloody purple! Can you imagine it? You can? Oh, well done then I suppose.

But imagining is all well and good, anyone can imagine. I've just imagined a cow wearing trousers, but it doesn't make it a good idea does it?

So are these a good idea? There's only one way to find out!
I'm eating crisps in my car, but i'm not a slob because actually they're made of beetroot and it's for a blog. It's totally fine and not depressing.

Taste

So these crisps are made of beetroot, which is kind of like a little purple potato if you're vegetable illiterate (iliterveg? Make a note of that word, it's going to be big). They're Sweet Chilli flavor (forget the 'jam' bit Walkers added, that's purely to make them sound  'artisan' or something), and they are delicious. Seriously, maybe in my top 15 ever crisps.

Maybe top 15 doesn't sound great, but don't make the mistake of underestimating how many crisps I've eaten in my life, (That would be actually really bloody typical of you wouldn't it?).

Anything in my top 15 would be in a normal persons top 7, you can take that to the bank if you like.

Yeah, these were lovely and I loved them. 

Texture
Did you know that crisps are called crisps because they are crispy? Makes sense when you think about it doesn't it?

These were crisps, and were crispy in a great way, like all the best crispy crisps. #crispy

Packaging
Good, can't deny the walkers brand front and centre, and there's even a nod towards the 'Walkers baked' sub-brand. Walkers is a crisp stamp of quality and seeing it branded across this packet promised a good crisp experience that didn't disappoint.

Marketing
Do you know how I found these? They were handed to me by a lady in a supermarket to try! And not just any lady, but a lady that worked there, with a little table and a banner and everything! Pretending to be all friendly and chatting to people and making out that their kids were nice when she hated every single thing about her life, and the kids were little pricks.

As nice as she was, there was an unmistakable look of seething resentment behind her eyes which certainly added a touch of danger to an otherwise mundane interaction. I liked it.

I don't know if this was a nationwide thing, because I haven't been nationwide to test it, but that alone was enough to beat most of the other food I've reviewed. 

Novelty Factor
Purple crisps! They're crisps and they're purple! And not even potato!

Actually, if they had been purple potato crisps that would have been better. And even more actually, I've had beetroot crisps loads of times, so in the end, meh.
Still in my car and still not depressing, because look, they're purple. Nothing purple has ever been depressing! (Except Ronald McDonald's friend, Grimace obviously, what is that guys' deal anyway?).

Final Scores

Taste- 8.5/10

Texture- 8/10

Packaging- 8/10

Marketing- 7.510

Novelty Factor- 3/10

Overall- 35/50
Not a bad score, I'll definitely buy these again, but not novelty enough to trouble the top. I'd imagine the top brass at Walkers will be kicking themselves, but that's not my problem. No one ever said it was easy did they?

Were they a good idea? They certainly weren't a bad idea, and that's probably the best any of us can ever hope to achieve.

Comments